Tuesday, August 10, 2010

To-morrow, To-morrow, To-morrow...

Macbeth:

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Macbeth Act 5, scene 5, 19–28, William Shakespeare 
 
Ok, that was a little over the top.  But, how else to proclaim that I think the wait is over.  I'm told a machine will arrive at my dealer's with my name on it.  I certainly hope this To-morrow isn't as depressing as Shakespeare's lament.  And, in fact, I know it will NOT be.
 
What has struck me since CHA is just how quiet it all has been.  The machines entered the pipeline and a few videos and photos went up on various Craftwell sites.  But, all in all, it's been decidely low key with little of the anticipated fanfare one might have expected.  So, let's see what tomorrow brings.  Perhaps another of Shakespeare's plays says it better...

Taming of the Shrew:

Forward, I pray, since we have come so far,
And be it moon, or sun, or what you please.
And if you please to call it a rush candle,
Henceforth I vow it shall be so for me.

Act 4, Sc. 5, Lines 14-17
 
We've ordered it. 
We're getting it. 
We're in for the ride no matter where it takes us. 
Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Lysa said...

This poetry is not over the top! If I had ordered and it had my name on it I would have been dancing on the front lawn and praying to the UPS gods for a speedy delivery. All of us here in internet land are so excited for you all to get these cutters. Please make videos and keep us posted on the progress. I'm keeping good thoughts that you all have them by the weekend!
Happy Cutting!
Lysa