Wednesday, August 4, 2010

eCraftShop Pro Video on Craftwell site

Craftwell continues to add content to their web site.  The latest is a video that briefly introduces the eCraftShop Pro software.  Don't expect a complete demo of the software in this initial video.  The only real objects that it shows in any depth at all is the Text Object.  But, even so, it does begin to give us clues as to the user interface.  And, that is important.

Here is the link to the video:
 
eCraftShop Pro Introduction Video

From the little we see, it seems to be a very simple design with few bells and whistles.  On the one hand this can be a good thing because it might mean that the software will be accessible to a lot of people that might be intimidated by a more complex framework.  On the other, it might mean that the program has limited capabilities that might be frustrating to more experienced users.

We'll just have to wait and see.

But, remember, this is the FIRST release, not the last.  So, let's concentrate on helping eCraft improve the product rather than making them waste time defending the product.  That will get us nowhere.

2 comments:

Lysa said...

Hi MeeksMan,
Thanks for the video link. I agree that the software looks good too. If you could let me know (when you get it) After importing a .SVG can you tell the software which lines to draw and which lines to cut? That would be the answer I would need. Here is an example of what I would like to do. I take one of my digital rubber stamp images and make it an .SVG. I add an outer scallop edge circle. I then import it to the ecraft pro software. I want to tell the software to draw the image (so that I could marker color it) and cut the outer circle. Please if possible let me know if you can do this. I am so excited for all of you ecrafters to get your machines and start reporting. I still am talking myself out of the imagine. I have been saving for the ecraft for well over a year and now that I have the money I want to make the right purchase. Keep us posted!
Thanks,
Lysa

Tom Meeks said...

As soon as I have it I will try what you want to do. In addition, I am sure that somebody is going to come up with an easy way to Print & Cut using paper with preprinted images.

Somewhere along the way, I saw something that actually demonstrated selecting the pen path and the cut path. I'll have to go track that down.