Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy to see the eCraft progressing

All of the court cases have been resolved and, for now, are behind us.  But, we'll still need a bit of decompressing before things are completely back to normal and I can, once again, turn a lot of attention to cutter issues.

The first step was purchasing a stand for the huge 24" printer that I'd purchased for court exhibits.  It's no longer sitting on the table that was occupied by the eCraft.  But, for at least a little while, a high speed scanner to be used to make sure that the mounds of paper generated in the case are captured electronically will have to continue to displace the eCraft. 

Believe it or not, I already have scanned and/or created 8,046 files related to the court cases. Going to court to protect an elderly parent or parents is NOT for the faint of heart.

Unfortunately, the problem of financial elder abuse is all too common given the emails that I've received from people in similar situations.  While I'm not a lawyer, I certainly am in a position to at least understand the plight of those who find that a brother or sister is intent on depleting or stealing an estate from their siblings.

But, the good news is that the worst is behind us and the eCraft seems to be maturing from where it was when I had to put it aside.  I am REALLY looking forward to being able to be an active part of this crafting great community once again.  As my granddaughters would say, as their excuse for picking on me, "It's fun AND Special!"

3 comments:

2KutiesGrandma said...

Glad to see you posting again! I look forward to seeing your posts and wonderful insight! Welcome back.

Lysa said...

Meeks,
So glad things are looking up for you and yours on the home front. Glad to see you are still here in the blogging world. Blessings to you for your hard work for your family. Now dude you can focus on some digital cutting. Best to you and yours for a happy 4th of July.
Lysa

Tom Meeks said...

Thank you both! :)

It will be fun to get back into the eCraft and the new software options.

While I'm not sure how deeply I will be able to get into it this time around, I tasted just enough last time to know that I want to continue seeing where it leads.